If you are a patient on a waiting list for treatment, the waiting list support service can help you in many ways. We can:
- review your situation while you are on the waiting list, to see if there is any additional support that could help improve your quality of life and independence.
- help with referrals to other health board services such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, Expert Patient Programme, specialist nurses and smoking cessation.
- help with referrals to community services such as care and repair, Delta Wellbeing or Dewis Cymru.
- support you to take control over your condition while you are waiting for treatment.
- provide reassurance and advice on what you can do if your symptoms deteriorate.
You can contact the WLSS in a variety of ways, our office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm (excludes bank holidays):
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 0300 303 8322, choose Option 3.
- Website - Waiting List Support Service WLSS - Hywel Dda University Health Board (nhs.wales)
- Office opening hours are Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm
The information shown is only to be used as a guide. The data cannot tell you where you are on the waiting list. Its aim is to help you better understand how long people in your Local Health Board are waiting. It is important to bear in mind:
- Everyone is an individual and your care is managed based on your clinical urgency.
- Patients with more urgent clinical needs will have shorter waiting times.
- There are national waiting times targets. Waiting times will be different by specialty and location and the NHS is working to make these better over time.
It is important that you are supported to keep yourself well whilst you wait. You can visit the Live Well and Health A-Z pages of this website. Your local health board’s website may have further information and help if available.
The waiting time information shown is not live data but is based on an end of month snapshot. Specialties with less than 200 patient pathways waiting will not be reported.